Saturday 10 March 2012

Mr Strong

Anyone know the Mr Men books by Roger Hargreaves? Well my youngest loves them( as I did as a child) so for World Book Day( they dress up as a book character for school) the only choice was Mr Strong!
 Mr Strong  is red and square and loves eggs!
 So I took the easy route and bought a red pillow case- a pair in fact(£4!) and got some felt and got sewing- couldn't resist a tiny bit of egg yolk padding!
 I think he liked it!
We won the best costume competition- £5 book token- bonus that it is more than I paid for the costume!

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I bet your son was excited. It looks so effective yet was obviously so simple. I look forward in horror to the times when I am going to be expected to organise fancy dress. Not my forte!
    xXx Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Helen, it is amazing what you can make starting with a pillow case! People spend a fortune on world book day pre-made costumes- if I am going to be this mean I have to be creative!lol

    ReplyDelete