Monday 2 January 2012

Hyperbolic crochet

Sounds medical doesn't it? It is rather therapeutic! I am sure you will find it if you do a search but basically you do 2 (UK)dc's into every stitch after starting a crochet circle. I didn't understand the instructions- thought something was missed out- but watch how it grows!

This picture shows the crochet (straining to see/guess) about 4 rows in- just about starting to curl at the edges.
 These next ones are just one more row each- hard to believe and a tad hard on your fingers towards the end!



 I stopped there but you can stop where you like


.
I made a little brooch out of embroidery thread to go with an outfit- dark brown in the middle, and teal just on the last row.



I completely love it- I mean the technique not my own work!

PS my "h" key is sticking- sorry for any mistakes and how do I fix it??

No comments:

Post a Comment